BAHINI Educare Foundation (BEF) is a Non-Governmental, Non Profit, Non Political and a humanitarian Organization established in the year 2014. Registered in the District Administration Office Kaski (# 3154/070/71) and affiliated to the Social Welfare Council Kathmandu (# 38527/070/71) BEF was co-founded by Mr. Raymond Lindinger and Surendra Pariyar, both of whom have been working in the sector for nearly two decades.
The brainchild of establishing the foundation began in 2013 with the declared aim to prevent the worst forms of abuse, exploitation and trafficking of girls through education, awareness, health and hygiene. Today, the Foundation is reaching out to the poorest and most vulnerable namely single, destitute mothers/grandmothers with dependant daughters that lack the most basic needs, beset with permanent difficulties and in constant danger. Our projects are governed by various grass root projects namely a) Educare Family, b) Education Support c) Improved Cooking Stove d) Health, hygiene and Awareness and e) CFLG.
As is evident from the name, 'Bahini' meaning - little sister, girls are our major target group is the girl child.
- Prevention of abuse, exploitation & trafficking of the marginalised girls and women in Nepal
- Empowerment of girls and women in Nepal by means of education, vocational training and awareness programs.
- Prevention of malnutrition by providing nutritious food to the poorest/marginalized.
- Addressing Rural poverty and Widowhood
- Providing mothers with dependant daughters’ food, education & healthcare to ensure decrement in poverty.
- Giving the widows with dependant daughters the privilege to live with heads held high in the society.
- Education, Health care & Counseling
- Making sure children especially girls are not deprived of education.
- Providing basic health care to the poorest & most underprivileged.
- Providing counseling to the mothers and children alike.
- Addressing Child Friendly Governance & Human Trafficking
- Empowering girls with awareness on child rights.
- Prevention of child marriage and child-pregnancy.
- Prevention of trafficking with Education, Awareness & decreased poverty