About CSN in Brief
Co-operation Society Nepal (CSN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and non- religious social development organization established by a group of young, energetic and experienced development professionals with the purpose to support and empower the most vulnerable, poorest of the poor, and underprivileged population of remote, semi –urban and urban areas through sustainable interventions in the development and social issues concerning children, youth and women ,health, education, livelihood ,gender and cross cutting sectors agriculture, environment, tourism , disaster Risk reduction , energy, and infrastructure development.
CSN was established in 2013 A.D. and is registered under the Organization Registration Act- 2034 in the District Administration Office of Nuwakot( Regd. No.401/81) and affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal ( Affiliated No. 37085) in Kathmandu. The Permanent Account Number (PAN) of CSN is 601140299.
Development of self-sustained and communities where population is empowered and self-dependent and social practices are non-discriminatory and equitable.
To contribute as a development partner to transfer the backward communities into a prosperous communities through holistic development initiatives
The main objectives of CSN are as follows:
- To uplift the lives of the poorest of the poor, underprivileged and down-trodden population.
- To facilitate in the process of natural growth and education of children.
- To support and empower children, women and unemployed youths for safe and healthy living.
- To Promote girls education and empowerment for minimizing trafficking situation
- To enhance the overall health status of the deprived communities.
- To generate employment opportunities for all categories of human resources in the country.
- To improve existing agricultural systems and agro business productions.
- To preserve and improve the environmental conditions.
- To raise awareness, understanding and knowledge of people on developmental issues and human rights
- To promote tourism business activities
- To build capacity of people for the utilization of local resources
- To aware people of the disaster risks and prevention methods
- To aware and make plan for disaster risk reduction.
Strategies and Approaches
CSN pays a careful attention towards the following approaches and strategies together with Sustainable Development Approach during every step of the project cycle.
- Relationship Building with International Development Organizations
- Participatory Approach
- People Centered Approach
- Coordination and Collaboration at all Levels
- Accountability and Transparency
- Local Resources Utilization
- Capacity Building
- Youth Mobilization
- Needs Driven Approach
- Well-revised Action Plan
- Bottom – Top Approach
- Ownership and Sharing
- Awareness Campaigns
- Working Groups Approach
- Community Based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good Governance
- Project Institutionalization