In 1994, group of young school students ran the children’s Library with CWIN support, since then Loo Niva has emerged as a social organization and promotion of child rights in Nepal. It was established in 1997 as a non - governmental organization for the best interest of children‘s holistic development. It conducts various programs for children and community development through a systematic process of empowerment and awareness. It focuses on education and works with the community and schools for improvement of education, at the grassroots level towards preventing exploitation and marginalization of underprivileged children. It also supports education with active child participation in them for physical, psychological and overall development of children. Foremost, it is committed to build an optimal and healthy society for children and youths.
1. Vision and Mission Statement of Loo Niva:
Vision: A nation where every child and youth enjoys her/his rights in supportive and responsive environment.
Mission Statement: Loo Niva works for right to meaningful education to improve situation of youth/Children, environment and health that includes research, policy influence, advocacy, networking, community empowerment and service delivery together with children/youths.
2. Goal and Objectives of Loo Niva:
Goal: Ensure all children and youth of Nepal enjoyed right to meaningful education contributing safer environment, better health, and peace and socio economic progress.
· Strengthen service provision for quality education, better health and safe environment through government mechanism.
· Build capacity, mobilize children/youths/community to promote and fulfill the Rights of the child and protect them from violence and abuses.
· Enable children/youths to claim rights through their associations and networks.
· Conduct action researches on the children's issues which affect them.
· Strengthen Networking with likeminded organizations for advocacy and lobbying on children's issues.
· Strengthen Human Resource Management and Organizational Development system.
3. Geographical coverage: A) Lalitpur District (37 Public School of 12 VDCs)
B) Kathmandu District (2 Public School of 1 VDC)
C) Dadeldhura District (24 Public School of 4 VDCs)
4. Loo Niva Values for excellence:A) Economic and Social Justice;
B) Respect for Human Rights and Democracy;
C) Gender equality;
D) Peace and non – violence;
E) Respect for Culture Diversity; and
F) Development with Equality.