Pokhreli Didi Bahini Samuha (PoDiBaS) is a non-profitable organization .established on Ashwin 05, 2056 on the ocassion of World Social Service Day on Kupondole, Lalitpur. PoDiBaS is formed by the group of socially committed women who are emigrants from Pokhara district to Kathmandu Valley. It was established with the aim of creating homely environment to the emigrants women from Pokhara where they can share their hapiness and sorrows as well as uniting them to get involved in different social sectors. They have been organizing various social activities, and advocating on different social matters. We have been able to conduct various programs like free health camps, blood donation, eye donation, income generating trainings, capacity building training, scholarship programs to underpreviliged students and other social programs till date.
- To conduct income generating trainings to upgrade the economic standards of women.
- To utilize the skill, power of women and uniting them to get involved in various social development works.
- To organize religious, cultural, and social programs for the promotion of tourism in Pokhara.
- To organize health camps, awareness program related to women health problems like breast cancer, uterus cancer.
- To conduct programs for old age people.
-To organize social programs in coordination with related organization.
- To actively participate in conservation of culture and religion of Pokhara.
Our Major Activities
- Income generating trainings
- Capacity building trainings
- Upgrade in the skill and development of women
- Awareness program related to conservation of religion, tradition, and environment
- Awareness program on health isssues like breast, uterus cancer
- Scholarship program to underprevilige students
- Honorary program to old age people
- Cultual, religious and social programs for the conservation and promotion of cultural and religious heritage of Pokhara