Rural Community Development Center (RUCC) is a non-governmental and non-profit, grass root level organization. It was established in 1996 and is registered with District Administration Office, Dhanusha, Government of Nepal. RUCC is affiliated with Social Welfare, Kathmandu since 1996. The organization has a general assembly and an executive board .The executive board consists of nine members. The board is resistible to formulates policy of organization and execute the programs/activities. The board is accountable to the general assembly. There are 51 general members of organization. It is run by a team of young and energetic females having extensive professional experiences in different fields. Our organization has been working on various issues like; mobilization and equitable sharing of local natural resources, health and Sanitation ,Social marketing, HIV/ AIDS, Drug Abuse, Gender, Good Governance . The working area of organization is all over of Nepal but it is working in central terai.
RUCC has envisioned of social, cultural and economic development of rural people through mobilization of local resources in participatory way.
To participate rural community through marginalized rural community such as Janjatis , Dalits, low caste, women and poor people to improve their social, cultural and economic quality of life through participatory development process ,self-help approach and decision making. RUCC helps in the formation of user groups and empowering them for effective planning and implementation of different development activities.
To promote economic, social, and cultural development through participatory and democratic process for equitable and sustainable development to improve life quality of rural people such as Janjatis , Dalits, low caste , women and poor.
- To provide training to the social worker to assist the development of social institution in the context of modern globalization.
- To improve the standard living of the deprived, lower caste and Dalit and Janjatee people by mobilizing them into groups.
- To disseminate knowledge about education and to conduct training for self employment, skill development and income generation.
- To assist in poverty alleviation of low-income families by mobilizing available local resources.
- To build up independent society by mobilizing available local resources.
- To mobilize women into groups to improve their living standard.
- To implement world charter of child rights and their development.
- To improve the internal infrastructure of tourism including rural tourism area.
- To implement various activities for people under natural disaster.
- To implement various activities in health sector for HIV/AIDS, health clinic and prevention of addiction.
- To launch various activities for the development of Agriculture and veterinary sectors.
- To implement several activities for Bio-diversity conversation, sustainable forest development, plantation, and amelioration of environment.
- To implement water and sanitation and toilet construction program .
- Last but not list, this institution can do several works in research and publication in multi-sectors.