The Rural Institution for Community Development (RICOD) established in BS 2051 (1995) is registered at the Lalitpur District Administration Office and has been affiliated with the Social Welfare Council. Since its inception it has been working with women, children and youth in the sector of basic health, education, peace and development.
A board of 9 persons governs RICOD. The board is elected once every five years and meets every three month. There are 18 female and 20 male general members who assemble once a year for the general assembly. The members have experience in planning and implementation of community development, community health and relief & rehabilitation projects. Some members also have experience working in rural areas and have skills in health, nutrition and HIV/AIDS.
Establishment of equitable society for dignified co-existence of focus groups deprived of access and control over services and facilities.
Organizing and empowering focus groups through participatory processes to fulfill their rights.
To contribute for creation of empowered focus groups who will have achieved basic rights
- To raise awareness and enhance focus group's access to basic health services and Nutrition;
- To support early childhood development, and basic education;
- To empower youths for social transformation that enables them to work for dignified, peaceful families and communities;
- To promote rural energy and support local groups through environment friendly agriculture and non agriculture interventions
- To assist focus groups for disaster risk management.
§ To strengthen the organization’s management and staff to be effective, efficient and relevant to the context.